Question:
can someone tell me the aprox. value of my mountain bike?
NIGHTSHADE
2006-04-14 08:07:33 UTC
I have a red Ricon Giant mountain bike. Someone told me it was very expensive when new, and that it's made of aircraft aluminum. It's a solid frame 27' 21 speed that is all aluminum, rims, spokes and all. It only weighs about 15 lbs. I just don't think it's worth what he told me. Who has that much money to spend on a mountain bike? He said it cost 2grand new. Iszatrue?
Five answers:
The Bear
2006-04-14 09:07:52 UTC
The Giant Rincon was last made in 2003 according to the Giant website. The MSRP at that time was $330. I'll wager that the bike is 28-30 pounds. The current value would be $100-$150 depending on the condition of the bike. A two-year old used bike is generally worth about half of the MSRP, unless it's something very special.

A quick search of eBay will show that this bike has been selling around $150. This is very dependent on the condition and model year.
chester_shylock
2006-04-14 11:20:49 UTC
Sounds like someone is having a little joke. that bike will retail at your local shop for $329 and you would be doing good getting $100-150 for it. also the frame size is a bit off i'm sure. Giant doesn't make a production frame that tall. 27 foot is pretty big especially at 15lbs.

I do have a bridge going fairly cheap if you are interested.
2006-04-14 10:14:16 UTC
Well the bike dropped about $150-$200 dollars as soon as you took it off the bike shop floor.

And then depending on the gears/shifters/brakes,cables,shox and how much it was used will give you the price.
marielpantera
2006-04-14 08:08:55 UTC
Yes, the above answer is correct. Certain bikes of that make and build are very costly. Personally, I prefer the old fiftees bikes...Two grand sounds accurate to me. HA, well apparently I am wrong:) Forgive me for the bad advice.
speenth
2006-04-14 09:02:32 UTC
I looked it up on the Web (see below). Seems people are having a laugh with you .....