Question:
Why did you quit mountain biking?
2013-08-04 07:21:59 UTC
Is there anybody out there who quit mountain biking?
I would like to know the reason why you don't ride anymore for my school project.

Please let me know!
Thanks in advance.

Fuku
Four answers:
OldHippie
2013-08-04 09:21:30 UTC
I quit - real quick. Why? There are no mountains in the city! Not even an off-road trail.
2013-08-04 14:57:46 UTC
I quit mountain biking last year after getting into mountain unicycling, or mUNI. A quick google search will show you forums and blogs of other mountain unicyclists. I began on a small beginners unicycle and quickly upgraded to a unicycle with a bigger wheel and knobbier tire. I was a little slow on the trails to start but now I can do a 5 mile loop near my house in about 35 minutes. I had been a mountain biker before but I recently sold my mountain bike because it has been unused this whole summer. The cost of my most expensive unicycle (Nimbus Oregon if you want to look it up) is about the price of a decent entry level mountain bike. The mechanical simplicity of the unicycle means I don't have to spend an hour or more obsessively cleaning my ride after a day on the trails like I used to do with my mountain bike, and there are fewer moving parts to break and fix or replace.

I'm still a biker and I take my road bike around the city, but I no longer own a mountain bike and probably will not own one again in my life.
?
2013-08-04 15:03:09 UTC
LMAO mountain unicycling!? You are hilarious, the MTB community does not miss you
Tex T
2013-08-04 17:54:47 UTC
Too many rattlesnakes sunning themselves on the trails this time of year.