Question:
How fast does the average person ride a bike?
Stephanie
2006-01-26 06:45:37 UTC
How fast does the average person ride a bike?
Eight answers:
Homer
2006-01-26 11:49:24 UTC
Most regular people can coast on there bike at around 10mph. If they pedal as fast as they can they can probably reach around 20-25mph on flat land. Downhill close to 30mph. Someone like Lance Armstrong can go 30-40mph on flatland and downhill in mountains like the ones in the Tour de France can go close to 70mph. That just shows what kind of athletes are in the Tour de France.
Erika
2016-09-24 18:51:01 UTC
Person Riding A Bicycle
2016-11-11 10:40:10 UTC
the time-honored person may be complicated pressed to place out adequate ability to mild a single a hundred watt mild bulb. it isn't any longer approximately velocity, it relatively is approximately ability output. while you're speaking approximately producing ability once you're driving alongside the line, the time-honored person isn't sturdy adequate to propel a motorcycle and generate plenty electric powered ability on the comparable time. maximum bike turbines in straight forward terms placed out some watts of ability, adequate to function very small mild bulbs. of course on a table sure bike because you're no longer shifting or going everywhere all the flexibility produced by way of the rider could be converted to electricity different than for mechanical losses. velocity on a table sure bike isn't authentic, it relatively is an arbitrary length of ways briskly you're turning the pedals
wreck tom
2006-01-26 09:52:22 UTC
i ride a 27 speed giant trance three mountain bike, and i have a cyclometer that measures my speeds and distance and i can travel on the street at about 27-30 mph but my average speed is around 15mph, road bikes move much quicker, but you are more limited to where you can ride it
greengobstoper
2006-01-26 20:05:59 UTC
i ride my bike home from school every day (about 3 miles) on my k2 attack 2.0 mountain bike and i can avg about 12 minutes or about 20 miles per hour. thats avg for whole ride which consists of 3 uphills and 3 downhills but not much flat land.
its10after10
2006-01-30 02:14:42 UTC
i race. comming from a competitive point of view, or the average racer's point of view, it depends on the ride, hills, wind, etc,....training, my AVERAGE speed on a 42 mile ride is anything from 16-20 mph depending on how i feel and conditions. my personal best on a 10 mile time trial with 2 solid hills is 24 minutes..you do the math....it depends on your conditioning too.
?
2016-08-01 06:53:50 UTC
Improve Your Running Technique Now!
kayak