Question:
what type of mountain bike should I get?
Brad the lad
2011-12-31 18:00:06 UTC
I am a good rider and want to have a bike capable of doing downhill mountain biking. I also want to be able to do cross country mountain biking without buying multiple bikes. I think that the bike I would need would be in the "all mountain, duel suspension" type of bikes, but are there other categories of bikes more suitable to my needs? Also what brand and/or model bike would I be needing to get?
Five answers:
Mtrlpqbiker
2011-12-31 18:41:14 UTC
Any bike you buy is going to involve compromise. An all mountain bike, while it is more robust than a true cross country bike, is certainly not up to hardcore downhill riding. And it will not be as light and nimble as a cross country bike. You will be able to ride downhill of course, but you will have to be aware that your bike will have limitations. You will not be able to keep up with riders on true downhill bikes and you won't be able to push the bike as hard. Similarly, riding cross country you will find that keeping up with riders on lighter bikes will be a strain. On the plus side, on really rough trails your extra suspension travel would allow you to ride right over some obstacles that lighter bikes have to take more gingerly. Whatever bike you buy, doing 2 types of riding that different, you will be a step or two behind riders riding bikes specifically designed for that discipline
2012-01-01 01:30:20 UTC
Giant Reign 1, Affordable, reliable has good compentry and will handle Downhill mountain biking up to high end double black diamond downhill tracks.
2016-11-15 16:22:21 UTC
For the form of driving it seems such as you opt for for to do, i might seem at possibly getting a cyclecross or a hardtail. A cyclecross has no suspension have been a hardtail has front suspension. i in my opinion might lean in direction of the hardtail. interior the tip you in all probability might in simple terms could come to a decision on the tires you opt for for on it to maximum benefit what you're driving on the main. good success on your seek. playstation . I left a link for a internet site so which you will envision out. Kona is the form call that I holiday and that i like them, yet you additionally can verify it out just to work out the quite a few form of motorcycles available for the form of driving you opt for for to do.
2011-12-31 21:33:12 UTC
a unicycle! no seriously, people do that- and i would recommend riding one.
2011-12-31 18:04:05 UTC
Try this.